Travelling on a Budget: Our Tips
Have you been dreaming about visiting new places but your budget is a little tight? Don't worry and get ready to travel thanks to the following tips for traveling on a budget.
1. When it comes to eating make sure you stay away from bars and restaurants close to the main attractions and, instead, find a place where the locals go to. Also, you can decide to buy your own food at a supermarket and save plenty of money that way.
2. The best way to save is to avoid traveling during the summer (especially July and August) and during important holidays such as Christmas.
3. You don't need to pay to enjoy events and thanks to websites such as www.timeout.co.uk and its international versions you can discover great events you can attend for free in almost any city in the world.
4. The best way to meet people and to avoid paying for your accommodation is to visit https://www.couchsurfing.org/ which will allow you to stay at a local's home for free.
5. If you don't have a tight schedule, make sure you buy any travel tickets you need such as plane or train tickets at the very last minute to make sure you find the best deals.