The Best Online Dating Sites
Match.com is the oldest dating site. Launched on April 1995, Match is a suitable site for long-term and short-term relationships.
According to research by datingadvice.com, the site has a popularity rating of 5.0/5, 4.8/5.0 rating regarding features, 4.9 scores on ease of use, 4.7 safety and 4.6 on value. Over the time of service, Match.com has earned an international reputation operating in 28 countries and 38 languages.
It has a 49% men to 51% women gender ratio. Match.com has over 15 million active users.
· Optional sign-up through social media which accelerates profile creation.
· Seven daily personality compatibility referrals.
· Ability to view likes, favorable ratings, winks and inbox messages.
· List of people sharing common features as your profile.
· Six-month free subscription for the user who doesn’t find a match within the first six months.
Pricing depends on the period one needs to spend on the site. Navigation is comfortable with a simple layout.
EHarmony started in the year 2000 and uses psychological and scientific attraction approaches considering skills, temperaments, goals and personality. The site contributes to about 2% of new marriages in the US.
EHarmony focuses on men and women over the age of 18 years interested in long-term relationships. The men to women ratio in the site is 48% to 52% which is fair. The overall rating is 4.5/5.0.
· Pre-written conversation starters.
· Filtering match recommended matches.
· The users only see compatible profiles selected by the matching algorithm.
· Uses scientific and psychological approaches to choose partners.
· Premium members have anonymous access matches and additional phone calls.
EHarmony is available in over 190 countries. The site is easily navigable except for the lengthy sign-up processes which intends to get in-depth details about each person for easy matching.
Zoosk is a user-friendly online dating platform. The site started its operation in 2007 where it began as a Facebook application. Their aim is to provide young people with a platform to get long-term and casual relationships. Zoosk equips the singles with in-depth materials for dating and tools for communication.
Zoosk has an overall rating of 4.6/5.0. Like EHarmony it has a 48% men and 52% women ratio. With over 40 million users Zoosk operates in over 80 countries.
The platform uses behavioral matching to select partners deemed compatible. It allows you to filter searches regarding age and city among other factors. With this platform you can view online users and write auto-reply messages. Payment is monthly - either single month, six months or 12 months.
ChristianMingle.com is among the known Christian dating sites with an overall rating of 4.4/5.0. The site has been running from 1997 and includes millions of Christians with a variety of denominations and beliefs.
The site is affordable and easily navigable contributing to about 29% of all American Christian marriages. Those who identify as non-religious are not allowed on the platform.
On the site you can select preferences about your religion and relationship. It also offers daily matches and compatible profiles.